|“||You will need more than that to protect you.||”|
— Damien to Simone in Ave Satani
The Daggers of Megiddo are a series of seven consecrated daggers that could kill the Antichrist. A single dagger pierced in the heart is able to kill the body, but not the evil spirit. To do so, all seven daggers must be pierced in particular places of the Antichrist's body for the Daggers of Megiddo to work.
In the TV series, the seven daggers are named after the original seven churches mentioned in the Book of Revelations. Also known as The Seven Churches of the Apocalypse, are seven major churches of Early Christianity. Churches in this context refers to the community or local congregations of Christians living in each city, and not merely to the building or buildings in which they gathered for worship.
- Ephesus (Revelation 2:1-7) - the church that had forsaken its first love (2:4)
- Smyrna (Revelation 2:8-11) - the church that would suffer persecution (2:10)
- Pergamum (Revelation 2:12-17) - the church that needed to repent of allowing false teachers (2:16)
- Thyatira (Revelation 2:18-29) - the church that had a false prophetess (2:20)
- Sardis (Revelation 3:1-6) - the church that had fallen asleep and yet called itself awake (3:2)
- Philadelphia (Revelation 3:7-13) - the church that had endured patiently (3:10)
- Laodicea (Revelation 3:14-22) - the church that was lukewarm and insipid (to God) (3:16)
History[edit | edit source]
The Daggers role within the episodes.
to be added.